Conditions of Sale
Mail Sales and Public Auctions - 15% Commission added to all lots
1. All lots will be sold to the highest bidder, at a slight advance over the second highest bid. In sending bids, state the highest price you are prepared to pay; your limit will not be used unless absolutely necessary.
2. Bids are to be as per lots numbered in the catalogue and in even dollar amounts. SHP reserves the right to withdraw any lot prior to sale closing, and/or reject unreasonable bids.
3. All Lots are guaranteed genuine. Should any lot be proved otherwise by a competent authority, such as the Philatelic Foundation, PSE or APS, SHP will reimburse purchaser for the cost of the item and certificate. Items with certificates up to five years from date of sale are ineligible for re-certification. SHP must be notified within 10 days of receipt of item of intent to obtain certificate. SHP is liable for certificate cost up to $100 only; lots must be paid for in advance.
4. Lots are Not Returnable for the following reasons:
Bidders not complying with these conditions will be considered in default (see para. 6)
- Lot contains 10 or more items
- Lots were viewed by Purchaser or Agent
- Lots described as having defects or faults or 'as is'
- Lots photographed are not returnable for reason of centering, perforations, or cancels
- Lots bid on incorrectly, due to bidder error.
- Lots returned after 10 days of receipt for any reason.
5. Bids should be placed according to the following increments:
|Up to $50
|$50 to $200
|$200 to $400
|$400 to $750
|$750 to $1500
Over $1500 auctioneers option or $100.00. Bids which do not conform to the above will be automatically reduced to the appropriate level.
IMPORTANT: Bids for either-or lots will be accepted ONLY with the understanding that only one bid will be posted to the lot which would have the best chance of winning at the time.
6. All Lots Payable Prior to Shipment, unless party is known to us, in which case material will be shipped, and payment is expected within 10 days of receipt. Payment by cash, check, money order, drawn from a United States bank in U.S. dollars. Credit cards accepted are VISA, MASTERCARD, and DISCOVER only. Invoice will include charge for postage and/or insurance, registration if required, plus 15% buyer's commission for mail sales. Texas state sales tax will be added where appropriate. Successful bidders must pay for lots within 10 days of receipt unless prior arrangements have been made. Unpaid for lots remain the property of SHP and in event of default by purchaser, will be resold with any loss arising being the responsibility of defaulter. Any account more than 30 days in arrears subject to 1 1/2% per month late fee. Should legal action be required, defaulting purchaser is responsible for all such charges incurred.
7. Catalogue Values and Numbers are from the latest edition of Scott Catalogue. Estimates of the actual value may be more or less than catalog, and are located in the far right hand column. Scott provides a Supplemental Value Catalog listing values for grades above and below very fine. In cases of PSE expert graded stamps with certificates, the appropriate Scott SCV or PSE SMQ value for that grade is listed. The catalog value is indicated by "Cat" at the end of each lot descruption. Sam Houston Duck Company's list has been used for catalog numbers and estimates of duck stamps, except for those with graded certificates as covered above. Other specialty catalogs used for otherwise unlisted issues are J.R. Wooten, H. Richoux, and D. Torre. Values provided are for bidder guidance, and actual realizations may vary.
8. Telephone Bids are acceptable, but must be confirmed in writing. Due to time constraints in taking lengthy bids over the phone, we prefer bids to be mailed in, with last minute bids and changes by phone. However, should a phone bid be necessary, we will be happy to cooperate.
9. Mint Stamps have Original Gum (OG) unless stated otherwise. Stamps listed as Unused will be without gum. See symbols and abbreviations page for additional information. Never hinged (NH) stamps will be listed as such.
10. Cover Lots - When described, postal markings are graded by comparison to the illustrations in the American Stampless Cover Catalogue. Evidence of aging is to be expected on older material, especially stampless covers. Light toning, file folds and edge foxing are the rule rather than the exception, and lots are not returnable for these minor reasons. We do try to mention these characteristics in any event. More serious faults, such as major tears, missing flaps, or stains will be described specifically.
11. Placing of a bid constitutes acceptance of the conditions of sale. Bidding is a privilege...and a contract. Review your bids carefully to avoid error. Lots are not returnable due to bidder error.
12. IMPORTANT: Bids for either-or lots will be accepted ONLY with the understanding that only one bid will be posted to the lot which would have the best chance of winning at the time.
BOB DUMAINE, President Auctioneer #6015
RITA DUMAINE, Vice President / Auctioneer # 14049
MICHELLE DUMAINE DYSON * STEPHEN FERRELL * MIKE YENIK * FRANCINE PENNINGTON
SAM HOUSTON PHILATELICS
LICENSED AND BONDED AUCTIONEERS
14780 Memorial Rd. #110 Houston, Texas 77079
281-493-6386 or FAX YOUR BID 281-496-1445 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
This firm complies with A.S.D.A
Qualified Public Auctioneer Code of Ethics
|Average, perfs touch
|Fine to Very Fine
|Mint Never Hinged
|Mint and Used
|autograph letter signed
|American Philatelic Society
|no gum as issued
|natural gum bend
|natural gum crease
|natural gum skip
|natural paper inclusion
|owner's mark on back
|circular date stamp
|Philatelic Foundation Certificate
|pencil notation on back
|plate number single
|Professional Stamp Experts
|signed by artist
|double line circle
|Scott Catalog Value
|double line oval/oval
|estimated catalog value
|stampless folded letter
|socked on the nose ccl
|fingerprint on gum
|heavy hinge remnant
|Inside Back Cover
|Inside Front Cover
|typed letter signed
|upper left/upper right
|lower left/lower right
|very lightly hinged
|line pair (guide line pair)